This training program introduces mid-career managers and leaders from emerging markets to the leadership on innovation, strategy and decision-making. The program exposes participants to the leading faculty and frameworks. Participants learn the skills they need to move to the next level in their companies and the next phase in their careers.
This unique multi-modular program is designed around Executive Education’s Executive Certificate tracks:
• Principles of General Management Pillar
• Marketing Pillar
• Management Control Pillar
• Strategy Pillar
• Strategic Human Resource Pillar
• Financial Pillar
• Negotiations Pillar
• Leadership & Change Management Pillar
• Corporate Governance and Values Pillar
• Entrepreneurship Pillar
• Innovation Pillar
The business world has complex challenges of innovation, communication, and ever-changing circumstances.
Berkeley’s world-class, comprehensive General Management programs are designed to accelerate your effectiveness, not a manager but as a leader, by value addition. Designed and delivered by some of the world’s best faculty, you will gain the confidence to make the decisions needed to succeed, expand your thinking and learn what it takes to become an exceptional business leader.
This program aims at transforming senior executives into thoughtful business leaders.
A leader who takes the company into such circumstances where growth innovation and creativity transforms on all levels of management. It acts on the belief that exercising judgment is neither art nor science, but a craft that can be honed with practice, reflection, feedback, and coaching. The program complements functional understanding with a holistic approach that helps leaders build judgment in their specific contexts.
WHO CAN DO?
• Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• Founder & Group CEO
• Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Finance Manager
• Advisor, Strategy & Marketing
• Business Development Leader
• Chief Marketing Officer
• Director/ Managing Director
• General Manager
• Executive Vice President
• Executive Partner
• Senior Executives
• Vice President
• Head Trader
• Heads of Departments
• Management level Officers
WHAT IS THE COURSE STRUCTURE?
Principles of General Management Pillar:
• CEO Perspective – Examining the effectiveness of a company’s strategy
• Linking a company’s strategy to organizational design and critical inputs
• Refining your judgment and enhancing your skillset & Benchmark it against best practices
• CEO Perspective-Understanding how marketing division should bring value addition, reputation branding adopting CSR
• Leveraging contemporary marketing concepts and tools—from market segmentation and product positioning to the design of distribution channels and communications strategy
• Linking Cost factors & Analyzing customer needs and buying behavior
• CEO Perspective- Achieving marketing value through pricing initiatives
Management Control Pillar:
• Adopt the latest Concepts of Management Understanding how management control systems provide critical information for measuring and managing product and customer profitability
• Using formal control systems, including the Balanced Scorecard, to guide and monitor business strategies
• Calculate the impact through the creation of competitive advantage
• Analyzing the link between superior financial performance and the strategic moves of rivals and suppliers
• Formulating and administering a successful strategy in the face of economic uncertainty and competition
• CEO Perspective -Creating an overall plan by integrating policies in each functional area
Strategic Human Resources Pillar:
• CEO Perspective -Creating an overall plan to attract and retain effective Human Capital
• Discovering performance and opportunity gaps
• Identifying the root causes of weakness in organizational design & Objectives
• CEO Perspective- Creating an overall plan by integrating policies in each functional area the links between innovation and organizational evolution, and building teams for innovation
• Understanding and leveraging the appropriate tools for managing corporate financial resources, including the latest theories and best practices of strategic profitability analyses and resource allocation
• Analyzing and optimizing capital structure, capital markets, and financial institutions through entrepreneurial finance, acquisition, the benefits and costs of doing Leverage Buyouts (LBOs), the original structure, and financing of the company
• Preparation of Business plans & feasibility study
• Achieving greater effectiveness at the negotiating table – including circumstances involving multiple parties, issues, and agendas, and evolving time frames.
• Handling challenges such as hard bargainers and negotiating across borders.
• Knowing when and how to manage the tension between cooperative actions to create value jointly versus when and how to claim value individually.
Leadership and Change Management Pillar:
• CEO Perspective – Creating an overall plan by integrating policies in each functional area.
• Understanding the role of leadership and successfully managing change.
• Recognizing and meeting the challenges to leadership effectiveness.
• Developing a compelling leadership style.
Corporate Governance and Values Pillar:
• Achieving sound governance – the changing role of the board of directors and its relationship with corporate management.
• Understanding the role of the board in strategic planning and as an agent of change.
• Creating an environment of ethical responsibility.
• Evaluating entrepreneurial ventures.
• Understanding the value created by corporate entrepreneurship.
• CEO Perspective – Innovation & its cost implication.
• Building, managing, and improving innovation systems.
• Leveraging open innovation for idea generation, problem-solving, and growth.
• Using business experimentation for competitive advantage.
• Designing management systems for business innovation.
HOW YOU BENEFIT?
• Gain more insights. Through real case studies and explorations, your assumptions are challenged and you gain new perspectives.
• Sustain actionable knowledge. Harness the information you already have into workable action plans.
• Achieve greater confidence. Develop confidence in your knowledge by testing your assumptions and making them more robust.
• Greater excellence- Innovation & Creativity
DO YOU GET A CERTIFICATE?
You will get a certificate of completion, which is highly reputed and accepted by employers.