This one year International Finance and Business programme is a final year top-up degree that allows you to explore how accounting approaches, financing decisions, financial markets, economics, politics and leadership skills would impact external and internal business environment.
This is a career-focused practical course, which will appeal to those with an understanding and exploring how organisations compete and co-operate around the world. The programme is designed to extend the knowledge gained during your two-year higher education degrees or diplomas and would help you prepare for an International career or a Master’s programme.
The Business modules give you a broad understanding of business concepts, models and issues, with a focus on leadership and innovation. The Finance modules develop your analytical and problem solving skills in areas such as risk management, banking system and financial markets.
• You will gain a global perspective on businesses and their activities across the world.
• Enjoy an international experience with DMU Global. Our innovative programme of work and study opportunities across the world, which can enrich your studies and expand your cultural horizons.
• Learn the latest developments in business practice. Our lecturers draw on their extensive experience and many are involved in consultancy and training with large organisations in the private and public sectors.
• Innovative assessments help you to develop skills which are highly sought after by employers. Build your confidence and enhance your creative, organisational and communication skills.
• Benefit from The Trading Room, where you can gain experience of a real-life trading floor environment on campus and online, with access to financial, company and economic data widely used in industry. Students have access to Refinitiv/Eikon self-study certifications and online training materials (available to students on campus and online), as well as access to Bloomberg self-study certifications and online training materials (on campus).
• Benefit from the expertise of our lecturers, many of whom have worked in business and bring real-world experience into the classroom.
• Our alumni are employed by leading brands in graduate roles such as Business Analyst at Capita, Supply Manager at Cummins, General Management Graduate at Network Rail and Business Process and Design Analyst at Vodafone.
Teachning & Assessment
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study. Assessment is through coursework (presentations, essays and reports) and usually an exam or test, which is typically weighted as follows in your first year:
• Exam: 44%
• Coursework: 56%
These assessment weightings are indicative only. The exact weighting may vary depending on option modules chosen by students and teaching methods deployed by the academic member of staff each year. Indicative assessment weighting and assessment type per module are shown as part of the module information. Again these are based on the current academic session.
- BA-IFB: Business finance
- BA-IFB: Contemporary Business Issues
One 30 Credit Module
- BA-IFB: International Accounting and Finance Issues
- BA-IFB: Perspectives on Creative Leadership
One 15 Credit Module from Finance
- BA-IFB: Financial Markets and the Central Bank
- BA-IFB: Liquidity and Financial Risk Management
One 15 Credit Module from Business
- BA-IFB: Creative Management and Marketing
- BA-IFB: Managing Change and Innovation