This programme walks you through, step -by-step, how to improve your funding outcomes for your entrepreneurial project. You will learn how to structure your project so it is more investible, communicate the investment merits of your project, be more efficient in the fundraising process, and improve the terms of investments.
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY & WHO CAN DO?
Startup Funding: Pre -seed to Exit is an online programme built specifically for busy executives. The programme design incorporates cognitive and neuroscience research to help busy professionals learn faster and more ef ficiently through the use of AI to enhance the collaborative learning experience and build rapport among programme participants.
Startup Funding: Pre-seed to Exit programme is designed for entrepreneurs looking to acquire direct experience in:
• Developing a plan for an investable project
• Accurately assessing the financing stage of a new venture
• Using a framework to develop a funding roadmap for a new business based on a venture development framework
• Identif ying the right investor for a project at each development stage of the new venture
• Developing an ef fective pitch deck to secure funding
A modern desktop or laptop computer with the following features:
• Operating System: Microsoft Windows or macOS
• Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox or Microsoft Edge
• An enabled camera and microphone
• An internet connection with a minimum speed of 3 Mbps for both upload and download (10 Mbps is recommended)
Please note, devices other than a desktop or laptop computer are not supported.
WHAT IS THE COURSE STRUCTURE
Module 1: Orientation
An overview of the program, the next-generation AI platform used to deliver it, and the community of fellow innovators and leaders.
Module 2: The Fundraising Journey
Explore foundational investment concepts, sources of funding, term sheets and the Markides Framework to initiate the process of developing a fundraising roadmap with key milestones
Module 3: The Pre -Seed Stage
The earliest stage of funding a new company, the “pre-seed” stage refers to the period in which a company’s founders are f irst getting their operations of f the ground. Working in a team environment, you will def ine a strategic position, understand how to evaluate investor f it and develop a pre-seed funding round pitch for an actual business venture.
Module 4: Seed Stage
Seed capital refers to the t ype of f inancing used in the formation of a star tup. Funding is provided by private investors—usually in exchange for an equit y stake in the company or for a share in its prof its. Much of the seed capital a company raises may come from sources close to its founders including family, friends and other acquaintances. Obtaining seed capital is the f irst of four funding stages required for a star tup to become an established
business. During this module, you will develop a pitch for seed stage investors.
Module 5: Series A Funding
Series A funding refers to an investment in a privately-held, star t-up company af ter it has shown progress in building its business model and demonstrates the potential to grow and generate revenue. Combining research, strategic planning, valuation methods, sociology and stor y telling, you will move into pitch development for series A investors.
Module 6: Series B Funding
Series B funding is the second round of funding for a company that has met cer tain milestones and is past the initial star tup stage. Building on the Series A pitch, you will prepare a Series B funding pitch with a focus on investors positioned to pay a higher share price.
Module 7: Exit
Understand how additional f inancing options become available for grow th and expansion oppor tunities once a business has matured, as well as ways to evaluate acquisitions or mergers with other companies. You will also deconstruct pitches, and collaborate on a f inal pitch to complete the funding cycle.
Improve funding outcomes for your new business venture
The steady rise in creation of new ventures has led to an increased demand for f inancing by new entrepreneurs seeking knowledge to raise funding for their ventures. Designed to help entrepreneurs overcome inherent struggles to obtain funding, this programme provides the tools and insights to:
• Structure a project so it is more appealing to investors
• Improve ef fective communication around investment merits
• Increase ef f iciency in the fundraising process
• Improve the negotiated terms of funding obtained
Key Programme Outcomes
Learners in the programme will acquire direct experience in:
• Developing a plan for an investable project.
• Accurately assessing the f inancing stage of a new venture.
• Using a framework to develop a funding roadmap for a new business based on a venture development framework.
• Identifying the right investor for a project at each development stage of the new venture.
• Developing an ef fective pitch deck to secure funding.
Key Programme Themes
• Creating an impact-focused star t-up
• Building capital at each stage of venture development
• Finding the right f it across the team, investors and product at each stage of the journey to increase “investabilit y”
• Understanding and employing the right milestones and metrics to ref lect value creation and increase the likelihood of getting funded
• Securing funding without a fundraising track record
• Creating variation in valuation across geographies and sectors
Our high impact programmes deliver results:
• Higher learner engagement
• Improved industr y recognition
• Expanded professional networking opportunities
• Increased confidence in career exploration
• Enhanced employability and job security
• Advanced learning opportunities with discounts on future online programme